Thursday, November 20, 2008

Famous Classic Movie Director Quotes - ALFRED HITCHCOCK


"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder" - Alfred Hitchcock

"The more successful the villain, the more successful the picture" - Alfred Hitchcock

"The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them" - Alfred Hitchcock

"There is no terror in a bang, only in the anticipation of it" - Alfred Hitchcock

"There is nothing to winning really. That is, if you happen to be blessed with a keen eye, an agile mind, and no scruples whatsoever" - Alfred Hitchcock

"When an actor comes to me and wants to discuss his character, I say "It's in the script". If he says, "But what's my motivation?' I say "Your salary" - Alfred Hitchcock

"What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out" - Alfred Hitchcock

"I'm not against the police; I'm just afraid of them." - Alfred Hitchcock

"I'm full of fears and I do my best to avoid difficulties and any kind of complications. I like everything around me to be clear as crystal and completely calm" - Alfred Hitchcock

"I never said all actors are cattle; what I said was all actors should be treated like cattle" - Alfred Hitchcock

"If its a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of whats going on" - Alfred Hitchcock

"In feature films the director is God; in documentary films God is the director" - Alfred Hitchcock

"In films murders are always very clean. I show how difficult it is and what a messy thing it is to kill a man" - Alfred Hitchcock

"Luck is everything....My good luck in life was to be a really frightened person. I'm fortunate to be a coward, to have a low threshold of fear, because a hero couldn't make a good suspense film" - Alfred Hitchcock

No comments: