Monday, October 13, 2008

William Powell Quotes....


"My friends have stood by me marvelously in the ups and downs of my career. I don't believe there is anything more worthwhile than friendship. Friendship is a far better thing than love, as it is commonly acceptable" - William Powell

"Unfortunately, or perhaps it is fortunate that I have always been forced to stand by my acting ability. I haven't a personality such as Jack Gilberts, for instance, that attracts woman and make them like me for myself. When I am on the screen, I must make them forget me entirely and think only of my acting" - William Powell

"Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, sine it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table" - William Powell

"I highly recommend worrying. It is much more effective than dieting" - William Powell

"Cultivate solitude and quiet and a few sincere friends, rather than mob merriment, noise and thousands of nodding acquaintances" - William Powell

1 comment:

Stipey Sullivan said...

The genius of the Thin Man: it takes great skill to appear so relaxed. Almost forgotten but I half expect Will Smith to remake My Man Godfrey.

The worrying quote is perfect.