Friday, October 24, 2008

Famous Classic Movie Star Quotes.......


"We movie stars all end up by ourselves. Who knows? Maybe we want to" - Bette Davis

"The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he's dead" - Bette Davis

"The best time I ever had with Joan Crawford was when I pushed her down the stairs in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" - Bette Davis

"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else" - Bette Davis

"Old age is no place for sissies" - Bette Davis

"A face is like the outside of a house, and most faces, like most houses, gives you an idea of when we can expect to find inside" - Loretta Young

Fashion should not be expected to serve in the stead of courage or character" - Loretta Young

"Giving credit where credit is due is a very rewarding habit to form, it's rewards are inestimable" - Loretta Young

"Gratitude isn't a burdening emotion" - Loretta Young

"I couldn't bear it if anyone knew I had hardly any self confidence at all" - Loretta Young

"A woman in love can't be reasonable - or she probably wouldn't be in love" - Mae West

"An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises" - Mae West

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West

"Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else" - Mae West

"I believe it's better to be looked over than it is to be overlooked" - Mae West

"I am big, it's the pictures that got small" - Gloria Swanson

"If you're 40 years old and you've never had a failure, you've been deprived" - Gloria Swanson

"My mother and I could always look out the same window without ever seeing the same thing" - Gloria Swanson

"Nobody gets anything for nothing" - Gloria Swanson

"Writing a story of your own life is a bit like drilling your own teeth" - Gloria Swanson

"Create your own visual style - let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others" - Orson Welles

"Every actor in his heart believes everything bad that's printed about him" - Orson Welles

"Gluttony is not a secret vice" - Orson Welles

"I don't pray because I don't want to bore God" - Orson Welles

"I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts" - Orson Welles

"You never heard of a comedy team that didn't fight, did you?" - Bud Abbott

"It gets so boring at home. After all, how many reruns of Abbot & Costello movies can a guy watch on television?" - Bud Abbott

"God makes stars. I just produce them" - Samuel Goldwyn

"A career is born in public, talent in privacy" - Marilyn Monroe

"A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing" - Marilyn Monroe

"Dogs never bite me, just humans" - Marilyn Monroe

"I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history" - Humphrey Bogart

"A hot dog at the ball park is better than a steak at the Ritz" - Humphrey Bogart

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse" - Humphrey Bogart


No comments: